We recognize the ever-increasing difficulty of liquidating a coin collection and securing a reasonable price in the Dallas-Fort Worth marketplace. Most local dealers want to buy coins at 30%-40% back of the wholesale “greysheet” bid price, which can result in a substantial loss to the collection’s owner.
We have created a consignment program within our business model to offer a beneficial solution to collectors that have “better quality” collections they wish to liquidate. We have strict requirements regarding the collections we except into the program. If you feel that you are a potentially good fit in our consignment program, please read the following bullet points outlying our basic requirements.
- Collection must contain U.S. minted coins only (no foreign coins or paper money).
- Coins must be valued at a minimum of $50 each. Coins valued $5,000 or higher will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Collection must not contain "problematic" coins (i.e. cleaned, damaged, etc.).
- There is a 25 coin minimum unless you have high value coins ($1,000 or more).
- Collection must be left on consignment for a minimum of six months.
- The commission for coins sold under $500 is 15% and a 10% commission will be earned for coins sold at or over $500.
- The client must agree to the grading standards practiced by C R Coins.
- All consignment coins will be priced at greysheet bid to ensure that prices are competitive and attractive to potential buyers.
In return the client will receive the following benefits:
- A well-established and secure retail location to expose consigned coins to a wide selection of potential buyers.
- All consigned coins will be fully insured under our company's insurance policy.
- Monthly reports showing exactly which coins were sold including the sale price as well as an audit list of the remaining coins.
- A 20%-30% increase in your selling price versus selling the coins in bulk to a coin dealer.
- Monthly payments no later than the 5th of each month for all coins sold the previous month less the commission amount.
If you feel that your collection and financial position are suited for this program, we would be glad to set up a cursory meeting to discuss this opportunity further. The financial reward will certainly be substantially better then a quick liquidation in the marketplace if you willing to be patient.